The Telecart with Jabber Video is set up to boot, launch McAfee Security software and then launch the video conferencing software Jabber. This document goes over how to start up the Telecart with Jabber Video from scratch in the event of a power failure or if the cart is moved to a new location.
Power Up the Telecart
1. Hit the power button on the front of the monitor.
2 .After the monitor is on, if the Mac OS X screen is not viewable, the Mac could be off. Hit the power button on the rear right side of the Mac.
3. Ensure that the ethernet video cable coming from the cart is plugged into the wall into a designated video port.
The Telecart is set to remain on for 3 hours when first used. In the event that the screen is black, the Mac may be in sleep mode. Tapping the mouse or keyboard will wake up the Mac. Also ensure that the monitor is turned on.
Logging In to the Telecart
1. When the main Mac screen appears you will need to log-in with your password, type the password in the “Password” field and then click OK.
2. The McAfee Security software will also need to verify your password, type the password in the “Password” field and then click OK.
3. Once you have entered your password into the McAfee Security software, you may close the McAfee window by clicking the small red button on the upper left. The window will close, however the software will still be running, as designated by the small white dot under the McAfee icon (in the lower row of software icons know as the Dock). The icon has the letter “M” on it and is shown below.
Moving the Telecart to a New Location
1. To power down the Mac, click the button on the rear right side of the Mac. On screen click on the “Shutdown” button.
2. To power down the monitor, click the power button on the front right side of the monitor.
3. Once both the Mac and the monitor are powered down, you may unplug the unit’s AC from the wall and also unplug the ethernet video cable from the wall.
4. Once the cart is in the new location, follow “Power Up the Telecart” and “Logging In to the Telecart” listed above.
Power Down the Telecart
The Telecart with Jabber Video is designed to remain on to answer calls and be available on the network, so after ending a call you may simply turn off the monitor. You will remain logged in, signified by the green dot next to the telecart name listed in the Jabber Video software.
For general use, the Telecart with Jabber video is designed to be powered up, automatically start the McAfee Security software, automatically start the Jabber Video software and automatically log the cart into the network. The process of using Jabber Video to make video calls and connect to video conferences can be found in the separate instruction page called Using Jabber Video for TelePresence on Mac OS X.